Incorporating Green Building Principles into a new or existing commercial building can provide an owner/occupant with compelling environmental, economic, and health benefits.
DFS Green incorporates Green Building Principles into every service aspect of the commercial flooring life-cycle in our clients’ buildings. The benefits of our services include the following:
- One meaningful manner in which DFS Green minimizes the environmental impact of our fulfillment services is by utilizing cleaning products that meet the Green Seal standards. Our maintenance programs combine Green Seal chemistries with cleaning equipment that utilize relatively small amounts of unheated water, does not generate any waste water, emits very low noise, and uses relatively very small amounts of electricity. These customized cleaning programs enable us to provide best-in-class cleaning performance along with improved air quality, reduction of waste, and conservation of natural resources.
- The life-cycle of commercial flooring products can be greatly impacted by failing to implement a professional maintenance program. Improper maintenance, or the majority of janitorial cleaning will irreversibly damage flooring products and will ultimately lead to substantial and premature replacement costs. DFS Green customizes cleaning programs for our clients in accordance with the warranty and maintenance specifications of each product manufacturer to ensure each installed products reaches or exceeds its prescribed useful life. These maintenance services are proven to optimize the return on invested capital by significantly reducing the amortized costs of our clients’ commercial flooring.
- Additionally, the expenditures related to the salaries and health of employees working in a building often equal or exceed maintenance costs annually. When these factors are considered, together with the impact that sound maintenance practices can have on occupant satisfaction and productivity, it is clear that the financial benefits of creating and maintaining quality building environments surpass the costs directly related to facility operations alone.
- Health Benefits
- DFS Green Consultants create environmentally sensitive cleaning and maintenance programs that minimize adverse impacts on building occupant health.
- Our maintenance services are proven to prevent the dirt, dust and pollutants in your carpet fibers from becoming airborne thereby improving building occupant performance and helping to sustain Green Building standards. The level of employee or tenant complaints, Sick Building Syndrome claims, and indoor air-quality litigation can be greatly reduced by adopting one of our environmentally responsible cleaning programs featuring our certified chemicals, tools, processes, training, service and support.
By working with DFS Green to apply these Green Building Principles onto commercial flooring, our clients can ensure an immediate and measurable impact where it really counts: dramatic energy savings, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, better indoor air quality, and lower operating costs.
Click here to learn how DFS Green can help in attaining LEED Certification.